In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

shepard scopes

dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭✭
Anybody have one of these mounted on a 22-250, and if so how does do out to 500/600 yds ? I'm only concerned with coyote size targets at thAt range.
If I get the right answers I may drop my 10X onto my .17 REM and mount up a shepard.

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Mine are mounted on bigger calibers. My Shepards are 10 years old..or better..and the optics are not real good.

I have been told that the newer scopes are improved optically..I cannot verify that personally.

My opinion...they will get a round on target. Shooting good groups is difficult with MY scopes...due to clarity.
  • Options
    rovernutrovernut Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got one on a Model 70 in 6.5x55, and another on a Weatherby MkV .300 WM. Both shoot sub MOA and the glass is the clearest I've seen. Bout mine about 4 years ago at Cabella's. You can use the cross-hairs or the little circle for an aiming point, so target shooting is possible. These are hunting scopes however, and you shouldn't be bothered by "minute of elk" accuracey.
  • Options
    BigBarnBigBarn Member Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dpmule;
    I've got three Shepards, on varying calibers of rifles, and as far as I am concerned, they are by far the best calibrated scope on the market, for the money.
    That being said, you can purchase better scopes, but they will cost you "an arm and a leg" compared to the Shepards. I absolutely love mine, and swear by them, and they have never let me down.

Best of luck

BigBarn[:o)]