In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Point Blank Range

dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭✭
When John Wooters was still writing for Petersens Hunting, each issue was a article containing specific caliber info including Point Blank Range.
Is this PBR information available anywhere on the net?

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I have a small floppy disk with a bunch of balistic programs one of these has a PBR that has scope 1.5 inches above bore line and range of no more then + or - 3 inches from line of sight of cross hairs You would be amazed from 22/250 to 243 to 25-06 to 7MMmag to 308 /30-06/ 300 WIN Mag there is not 50 yards differance. with the corret BC bullet in each.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dpmule,

You can work your own point blank ranges up if you wish using any of the ballistic programs on line. My favorite is: http://www.eskimo.com/~jbm/calculations/traj/traj.html

You set most any condition you want with any bullet you want. There are a bunch of choices in the drop down at the top but you don't have to go with those. Set the area of size you want in an animal, i.e. an elk kill zone bigger than a deer, etc. and play with it until you find a zero that you like for your rifle. Take that to the range and decide how accurate it is from there. So far it has been pretty right on for me. -good luck
  • Options
    MrOrangeMrOrange Member Posts: 3,012
    edited November -1
    ^ That's a nice program!! Thanks for the link.