In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gunshow purchase - Turret press

Picked up an older Lyman 6 hole turret press for $35 this past weekend.

This will save some time by allowing three rifle calibers to remain setup - 17 Rem, 204 Ruger, & 223.

First morning of the show - price was $60. By late afternoon on Saturday, only $35. Figured, why not!?!?!

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an old six turret press out in the shed. It uses a smaller size die and won't accept the new standard ones. I hope yours accepts the newer 7/8" dies.
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    Yes sir....it does. Looked at that before I purchased.

Thanks for the heads up, that would not have been a good thing!!
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear it! Enjoy.
  • Options
    remington nutremington nut Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have the same press, i'm pretty sure of, and the center screw that holds the turret head on eventually broke... don't know why, i never abused it in any way.... had a buddy of mine make a new one out of better steel, if i'm not mistaken the original was made of a cast
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    Just ran 75 cases for my 204...the cleaning and lubricating of the press helped.

I am not resizing/seating anything large...just 17 Rem, 204 Ruger, & 223. Would just be nice to set the dies up once...and dial up the caliber I am working on.

So far, so good.

Will post how the runout ends up after I seat some bullets.
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice thing about the turret presses is that you can buy additional heads and have a quick change set-up when you switch calibers. Enjoy.