In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Good 22 revolver

7.62x397.62x39 Member Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
What is a good 22 revolver under $300...it will be used for a little squirrel hunting but mostly for plinking, no snubies.
Also I would like it too be a double and single action

Thanks

Comments

• PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    Look for a used model 17 S&W with a 6" barrel.
  • beararms2beararms2 Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    High Standard Double-nine, hands down. Gives you nine shots (only one less than most new autos) and you can use H&K speedloaders. The quality of these older revolvers is exceptional. Can be had in the 185.00 - 250.00 price range.
  • greystonegreystone Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Taurus 94. About $280.00 at my gun store
  • RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    May as well throw in my 2 cents worth. I'm with Perryw, a Smith 17 is the way to go. I picked up a 1947 vintage 6" about a dozen years ago. The blueing is worn and it's been shot tons but it's still as tight as a drum and as accurate as any of my H=S semi-target pistols. With a little patience and some diligent looking you should be able to find a good specimen in your price range. You'll never regret it.
  • knightriderknightrider Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an old 22 that I got for a song that is wonderful. Now your are making me get it out of storage just for this[:D]. It is a Iver Johnson and it is a 55 model. The price for one of these is $125 or less depending on the usuall. In addition a question like this would be in the "Ask the Experts" section, but I won't tell if you won't. I hope this helps.
  • dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know what they are going for these days but I am very happy with my Ruger Single Six convertible. The Ruger Bearcat has been rereleased but I have not touch a new one but the original was nice. With the convertible if you get to be a really good shot then you can use the 22 Mag. cyl. and make some longer shots.

Tim
  • deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you don't find what you're looking for in a couple days,send me an email,I might have just the item you want.
  • reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with dtknowles Rugersingle-six with 2 cylinders