In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

recoil management or dumb luck ?

alex valex v Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
At the range again, getting better groups now ( must be due to the new gold grip screws!) Anyway, rather than two shots to center of mass I'm placing one CM then aquiring a new sight picture near the top of the recoil cycle then taking the head shot. I'm shocked at how well that works. If nothing else, it forces me to keep my eyes open thru the whole cycle.
Some say that I might use a different recoil spring than what Colt put in there at the factory. Why should I do that?
Alex

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello REF. spring the spring that is shipped in the pistol is for an normal size shooter with normal loads if you are a large heavy person and want to shoot +P+ loades you need a heavier spring . If you are a skinny old man "ME and want to shoot target loads in a target pistol with red dot sight mounted on the slide "ME" then you need a light spring.