In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Range day

Took the .22/.250 Icon and others. I still can't get used to that cheap plastic 3-shot magazine. And it's 3-shot, period! The last one goes in hard--the fully loaded mag. won't go in with the bolt closed. But I finally found a load it likes; 38.5 gr. of IMR4064 with a 40 gr. V-max. Velocity was 4119 fps and 5-shot groups of .66" and .38". I hadn't shot the CZ527 .223 in a year and I forgot how much fun they are to shoot! I have one in .204 also--I'll have to get that one out next time. I don't have a rifle in 7.62x39 and I'm thinking of a CZ. Any one shoot one and how well do they shoot?

Anyway, it was a fun day!

Comments

• Options
    victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    Went to the Vets parade then headed out to the range.My 357 taurus 605 did very good.I was using 38 loads, half the kick of the 357.I was given a Stoeger Supreme 12ga. for a retirerment gift.I've never shot an o/u shotgun.The shotgun handled dove and quial loads real nice.I tried some three inch steel duck loads , you sure can tell the differance.Looks like the m1 will always be my duck gun.