In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bullets

1899sav1899sav Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
Where is the cheapest place to buy Sierra and Nosler bullets?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Any-One Can Recommend a Good Source for Bullets for the 32-40 Win?
    Or Proper Dia to Use.
    Tnx
    Steve
    [8D][8D][8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whats the best deal on bullets? Are cast ok to use??

Thanks,

Larry
    binladen.gifShowLetter.gif
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1899sav,

Lead .324" jacketed .321" I do not know if you can use jacketed .323". Unless I had some severe clear information I would not do that. stick with the first two recommendations.

There is a section in Modern Reloading by Richard Lee that covers loading of the 32-40. They have .321" jacketed bullets. Hodgdons website lists the 196 gr. Hoch which is .324", which I assume to be lead. You might try looking into a SASS website or any other cowboy shooting website for more info that way.

{EDIT}:

Sorry forgot to answer the second part of your question. Speer and Hornady both make 170 gr. bullets that will work for that rifle and both are usually readilly available where-ever reloading components are sold. Where I buy bullets locally at www.gunstop.com both were in stock. I hope you get some more responses as to where you can get lead and maybe more options with jacketed bullets.