In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

prvi bullets?

ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
just thought i would share this with you guys.i have been trying some prvi bullets in my 308 with great success.grafs and sons has these in stock,i have used the 30cal 168gr hpbt and the 190gr hpbt bullets.they shoot great and are about half the price of hornady or sierra bullets. they also have soft point bullets,no i am not in any way related too grafs.just thought i would pass this bargain along.don

Comments

• Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ddhotbot,

Bargain noted. I've been using Prvi bullets and ammo. Had great success with the FMJBT's in the ammo in 7.65x53 but can't buy that grade of bullet from them. They are sitting in barrels in an L.A. warehouse and won't send them to retailers/wholsalers like Graf's, Wideners, etc until they order them. As a recreational reloader and shooter of the 7.65 and .303 I didn't find it cost effective to buy an entire barrel of them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    they do sell the privi in .311 at 150gr soft point at grafs.i bought some for my 303.i havnt tried them yet but if they shoot as well as the 308 bullets they ought too be great.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ddhotbot,

I agree, they should be great. However, like you said, "If they shoot like..." My problem is the 174 gr. FMJBT shot great in their ammo. They are in the US ready to be sold. The distributors won't send them to Grafs or other warehouse sellers until they get ordered. They did offer to sell me a whole barrel, but I had to open an account with them. I felt that was a little past where I was going. That's more what I meant to say. I do have some prvi 150 gr. .3105" dia. bullets that I need to load and shoot also but haven't done it so far. Too many other projects in the fire right now.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been hoping someone would report on the 165 grain .308 btsp fro Privi. I've got a .308 heavy barrel that just loves those from Speer and eats coyotes way out there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have tried the 165gr btsp prvi bullets.they shoot really well out of my 308.my opinion is very high on the prvi bullets,great buy!
  • Options
    Adam5Adam5 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought some from bigdogammo.com for my Mauser.. $9.99 per box for 7.65 Argentine !!! The next cheapest I can find is $21.99 box. I tries 3 boxes to start and loved it. The 7.65 is hard to find and not only did they have it cheap, but they had 180gr soft ponits. My 1892 Mauser loves the stuff. I'm going to order 5oo rounds now.