In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Premier Reticle Scope Modifications?

Has anybody had any work done by this company?

I might purchase a Leupold that has been modified to 14.5-35x50.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    juddroyjuddroy Member Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have heard a lot of good things about this place.From what I have heard, they are top notch.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    evidently leupold may be finally listening to LR shooters and are now trying to make their own variations of target and LR reticles,..so they figure they have no use for Premier anymore. I have seen some of their reticles,..they looked good. But for the price or a leupy MK IV plus the upgrade,..you could have had a nightforce NXS.
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    Premier - is that a company owned by Leupold?

How much is an upgrade?

Thanks again.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Premier is located in Winchester, VA and I have heard very good things about them. I'm not real sure about their customer service though. I used to live 20 minutes from them and called to inquire about dealer pricing. They said to fax over my FFL and they would mail me a dealer price list. I never got it...ended up leaving numerous messages.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Premier was THE ONLY non leupy company who was authorized to do service or upgrade work and still maintain the warranty. Now I guess Leupy is chasing Burris and Nightforce and USO ect. Leupy has finaly come around and decided to get serious about LR (I think). Their reticles are still second best,..but maybe they will get more into the game. The new graduated reticle is nice,..but not as precise as the NXS or IOR or USO etc.

If the scope you are looking at is calibrated/reticle'd (is that a word?[:I]) for another chambering or bullet weight,..you have purchased nothing. if it is a POA reticle then it can be matched to any rig.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I have had a couple Mil-Dots installed by Premier. Excellent work. They can be abrupt on the phone.

So am I.