In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

5.7x28FN

Please help me with the details for reloading the 5.7x28 for my PS90.
I need the power and primer details.
This info is not in any of my reloading manuals.

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Luther,

This is from the FiveSeven forums:

5.7 X 28 reload data.
    I sent off a request to a powder manufacture, and here is the response I have received:

Unfortunately we do not have any specific tested data on this powder caliber combination.

(see notes 1.1 and 2.1 below).

However, I can provide you with some guideline, based on calculations and information from other sources.

Caution: This is an extremely sensitive and unforgiving caliber. Its very sensitive to any change in bullet weight, design, COL etc.

Important Notes:

We strongly recommend to:

1) Take note of points 1 and 2 below.

2) Measure the velocity, compare with the data and get back with us, so that we can work together to optimize the load for our conditions.

Caliber: 5.7x28 FN.

Barrel length: 5" - FN Five -SeveN.

Barrel length: 10" - FN P90.

Powder: AA 9.

Bullet weight: 35grains. V-Max

Start load: 6.8 grains (5" - 1700 - 1800 ft/p/sec) (10" - 2400 - 2500ft/p/sec)

Maximum load: 7.8 grains (1900 _ 2000 Ft/p/sec). (10" - 2400 - 2500ft/p/sec)

Bullet weight: 40 grains. V-Max

Start load: 6.5 grains (1600 - 1700 ft/p/sec) (10" - 2300 - 2400ft/p/sec)

Maximum load: 7.5 grains (1800 - 1900 Ft/p/sec). (10" - 2300 - 2400ft/p/sec)

NOTE:

It' important to note that:

Whenever Accurate Arms do not test, and have actual data, on a particular caliber or caliber/bullet combination, we may in some cases provide some guideline. This information will be based on various procedures and calculations, or from other very reliable sources.

1. SAFETY is our prime concern therefore:

1.1. The loading data is conservative, especially regarding the minimum or start load to ensure a safe baseline to work from.

1.2. The safety margin built into the start load might be more than the customary 10%.

2. We strongly recommend.

2.1. To always start at the recommended minimum "START" load.

2.2. If at all possible, measure the velocity.

2.3. Contact us again with the velocity data, so that we can verify, and correlate with our calculated/estimated data. The data should also be compared, with the typical velocity levels accepted in the industry, for that particular caliber-bullet weight combination.

Regards

Johan Loubser

Ballistician

Western/Accurate Powders

Tel: (931) 729 66 15

Part of Western Powders -- Miles City Montana

For all Sales, Marketing, Pricing Distribution and related issues, please call toll free 800-497-1007.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this load based on using a pistol primer or rifle primer?
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.