In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pearyw - cast question

bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
Anyone up that way casting a good .45 ACP 225 gn. Tapered Flat Point?
I have about a thousand Valiant bullets left and need to restock. Apparently he went out of business. At the last gun show, none of the cast bullet sellers were there.

-

Comments

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's M&P Cast Bullet in Vermont that might make something similar. Phone# 802-254-5296 the mans name is Mike.
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    Tennessee Valley Bullets is not too far north of here. I don't know if he makes that bullet. I have bought 200 SWC and 230 RN from him. He usually comes to the Birmingham Alabama Collector's Show, but he wasn't at the October show. The price of lead bullets has got so high that I can buy jacketed bullets for about the same price. I guess I am going to have to go back to casting my own. I hate to hear that Valient has gone out. I use to buy some bullets from them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Pearyw
    Tennessee Valley Bullets is not too far north of here. I don't know if he makes that bullet. I have bought 200 SWC and 230 RN from him. He usually comes to the Birmingham Alabama Collector's Show, but he wasn't at the October show. The price of lead bullets has got so high that I can buy jacketed bullets for about the same price. I guess I am going to have to go back to casting my own. I hate to hear that Valient has gone out. I use to buy some bullets from them.

I haven't seen him, or his wife, at a gun show in several years. Nothing on a search. I think I have his phone number, if I can find it, maybe I will call him. For a couple of years his wife and daughter came to the B'ham shows while he went to a larger show. She usually sold out of bullets by lunch time Saturday. Maybe he quit coming to B'ham shows, I don't know. Reese did cast the best bullets IMHO. Guess I will start using Rainer's or cast my own too.
  • Options
    dg101windg101win Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bama55
    Anyone up that way casting a good .45 ACP 225 gn. Tapered Flat Point?
    I have about a thousand Valiant bullets left and need to restock. Apparently he went out of business. At the last gun show, none of the cast bullet sellers were there.

-

Look here www.pennbullets.com they have a 200 and 230 grain Truncated cone style.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Look here www.pennbullets.com they have a 200 and 230 grain Truncated cone style.

His prices look better than I've seen anywhere else. Think I will order some. Thanks.