In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hornady TAP Cases

Anyone found or know where I can find Hornady TAP cases or some similar black nickel case? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    7.62x397.62x39 Member Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fist off you cant reload Nickle plated brass and second off that black stuff on the cases wouldnt do any good for your dies
  • Options
    PJPJ Member Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I reload nickel plated brass all the time for 38 and 357. The nickel plated doesn't last as long, but it works just fine.
    Pete
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nickle cases can be reloaded. They are a little harder to size and usually don't last as long but they can be reloaded just the same. I occassionally load some .38 specials and .45 acp's.
  • Options
    7.62x397.62x39 Member Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oppps my bad, I was thinking of steel cases
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    "I was thinking of steel cases"... NOT TRUE, JUST NOT AS EASY AS BRASS. 'BACK WHEN', I GOT A BUNCH OF .30/06 STEEL CASES (U.S.) AND AS AN EXPERIMENT I RELOADED THEM TO DEATH... OVER 20 LOADINGS PER CASE. I'VE ALSO LOADED .45 STEEL CASES (THE EC 44'S USE AN ODD SIZED PRIMER)
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mike. back in the mid 60's I tried loading a small handful of steel .45's--don't remember the headstamp. They sized and loaded just fine at first but a few days later I could turn the seated bullets slightly by hand. I shot those and threw the cases away and never tried anymore. Did you have the same problem. I was using the old Lee manual loading dies at that time.