In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

350 mag dies

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
Hey all,

Does anyone know if any companies make carbide dies in .350 remington mag? Or if anybody does custom ones in this caliber and if so how much they would cost me.
Thanks,

Jon

Comments

• Options
    hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    RCBS, Hornady, and Redding all make dies for this caliber. As far as carbide, I don't think so, but I couold be wrong.
    I picked up an old set of CH dies on flea-bay for $5.00 for the 350 Remington magnum. They're decent dies, but the seater die is terrible if you want to load 158 grain flat point pistol bullets. It will deform the flat point every time. For regular rifle bullets though, they work fine.
    Personally, I like Redding reloading better than anything else. Their dies are really nice, and work very well. A set of standard 350 Remington dies of the Redding persuasion will run about $55, and if you want the deluxe die set, which also includes a neck sizer die, it will run about $65, give or take a few bucks. Hornady's and RCBS run in the $50 range, but I'd spend the extra and get Redding.
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your thinking that the carbide will allow you to stop using lube, than your WRONG.
    With ANY tapered case, lube is required regardless of the die material. The reason is that the die has to wedge the body of the cartridge small along the entire length of the taper.

Now, with a streight wall case, the carbide sizer is just a narrow ring at the entrance to the die vs a "std" die that is in full contact along the entire case wall, this is the reason that you can skip the lube, not because it is carbide (a hardened steel ring wouldn't require lube either).