In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.280 Rem

Just wondering if anyone had any loads worked up for a .280 rem with a 150 gr sierra bullet.

Comments

• BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been using IMR 4350 with 150g Nosler BT and done well. I'm a few hundred miles from my data right now but you can drop me an email through my profile if you want and I will email you my load data next week.
  • temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Usually somewhere between 53.0 and 54.0 grains of IMR4350 under a 150gr Sierra shoots well in a 280 Remington. Start at 53.0 and work up .2-.3 tenths of a grain at a time shooting groups until you find a sweet spot for your gun. 54.9grs is listed as maximum load in the Sierra manual.
    I've shot these charges (53.0 - 54.0) in several rifles with good results using either Remington brass with Rem. 9 1/2 primers or Winchester brass with Winchester WLR primers.
    I've also had good luck with the same bullets, brass and primers using Hodgdon H4831 powder between 55.0 and 56.0 grains (56.6 grs is listed as maximum load in the Sierra manual).
    Good Luck....................................[^].