In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Reduced loads for 7.62x25

dennis53dennis53 Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
I have quite a lot of Lellier & Bellot FMJ that I would like to pull and reassemble using a lower charge. They currently have 8 grains of powder pushing an 85 gr bullet around 1600 fps.

My aim is increased accuracy, reduced muzzle flash, and cases thrown closer.

What should my starting load be?

Do I have to pull primers and resize or can I just re-seat? I also use the Lee Factory Crimp Die.

Thanks,

Dennis53

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello I take it you are useing a bullet puller and in this case you do not need to run through the sizer die but as far as loads .there is no telling what kind of powder this is even thou I guess you have weigh hopefully more then one of the pulled loads . How far the cases will be ejected WILL depend on the load but my suggestion is to use a known powder so when you find a load that works for you then you will have plenty of powder available and be able to reload these cases again. Pistol powder is NOT all the same and 7 graines of BULLS-EYE or 231 could very well blow up your pistol.
  • PJPJ Member Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I reload for my CZ 52 using 90 grain XTPs over 5.3 grains of Bullseye. Mild and accurate load with no trigger slap.
    Pete