In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

LEE

mikecarol63mikecarol63 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
Hi again; If anyone uses the LEE Perfect Powder Measure, what do you think of it? I am using the beam scale, and it is very slow to load shells. And what about the powder dippers? I need something other than the beam scale. But I will use the scale to be sure of the grains of powder every 60 rounds. Thanks, Mike[:)]

Comments

• Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I find the Lee perfect powder measure works better than RCBS or Hornady for extruded (stick) powders like 4064, 3031, etc. It doesn't bind and chop like the others do. Repetability about .4 gr, +/-. Ok for plinking, not for matches.

The Lee measure does however bind rather badly on grain type powders, such as BLC2. For those, the RCBS wins for me, hands down, with perfect repetability down to .1 gr or less.

Either way, you really need a digital scale to progress, whatever you buy. Even midwayusa.com's cheap one is good.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jonk
    The Lee measure does however bind rather badly on grain type powders, such as BLC2. For those, the RCBS wins for me, hands down, with perfect repetability down to .1 gr or less.

+1. I can get exact charges out of it when using flake powder (Bullseye), but when you go to the really fine Spherical powders(H110). I can get the exact same charge, but the rotating assembly will "squirt" a few flakes on the table.

It works well for everything I've ever needed it for. Makes loading alot simpler.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    mikecarol63mikecarol63 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys, They are on sale for $25.50 here, so I think I'll get one. Again, Thanks. Mike [:)]
  • Options
    ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    I get good consistency with w748 out of mine but with 7828 or r22 it is off by as much as .7 gr from throw to throw not a big deal seeing how I way every charge any way just got the thrower for geting in the park