In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

5.7x28 ... anyone reload or have load data?

kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
As the topic says, anyone reload or have load data for the 5.7x28?

I recently aquired a PS90 that shoots this round and ammo is 40 cents a round [:(!]

YES ... I knew it before I bought the rifle so don't ask [:o)]
If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.

Comments

• Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just what I was looking for ... thanks!
  • Options
    TeamblueTeamblue Member Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sure have unloaded alot of them through my issued P90! Amazingly accurate and controllable even on full auto.

I have a friend who is going to reload this so when he figures it out I will post his load.

TB
  • Options
    HuntinMedicHuntinMedic Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any NEW news on this topic? I bought 300 "once fired" cases and waiting on DATA.......Anyone found any yet? or reloaded and did OK ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I bought 500 loaded rounds and will fire them once myself before reloading [:D]

I read somewhere to use Accurate #9 and a pistol primer with a 40 grain projectile but as to how many grains of powder I haven't heard.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten out to shoot since my initial outing ... however I did get a brass catcher so i don't have to pick it all up again!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was hard up for ammo for mine and had to resort to "Gander Mountain" OUCH. $31.00 after tax. I gotta find some data SOON. HELP HELP HELP.. I need a primer, powder, bullet, I'll figure out the load with my chrony. PLEASE SOMEONE....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HuntinMedic
    I was hard up for ammo for mine and had to resort to "Gander Mountain" OUCH. $31.00 after tax. I gotta find some data SOON. HELP HELP HELP.. I need a primer, powder, bullet, I'll figure out the load with my chrony. PLEASE SOMEONE....
    Holy CRAP!
    Is that per 50 round box?

I bought 500 rounds of SS195 at a local show for $190 and 500 rounds of the balistic tip SS197 for the same price on the auction side ... delivered!
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have suggested using a search engine for problems like this before:

http://www.reloadersnest.com/frontpage_handgun.asp?CaliberID=57

Here is a complete forum set up for this cartridge and firearms:

http://www.fivesevenforum.com/

Try this group also:

http://www.subguns.com/boards/reloading.cgi?noframes;

http://stevesfn57.blogspot.com/2005_04_01_stevesfn57_archive.html

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    YEP, that was a 50 round box. They were the ballistic tip and didn't wanna go WITHOUT so I boutgh them....... And I think I have gathered enough info I'm gonna try some reloading..THANKS to all of ya..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shot my first hundred out of my 5Seven today....... shot great, I did have alittle problem with my primers seating. I only found RCBS shell holders and it didn't seam to fit real good. Had to be real certain they were lined up or it "screwed the pooch" and you had to de-prime it. You also HAVE to ream off the lip on the primer hole, I think they were crimped in?????? Any help or comments on these area's would be great.
    Lee
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HuntinMedic
    Shot my first hundred out of my 5Seven today....... shot great, I did have alittle problem with my primers seating. I only found RCBS shell holders and it didn't seam to fit real good. Had to be real certain they were lined up or it "screwed the pooch" and you had to de-prime it. You also HAVE to ream off the lip on the primer hole, I think they were crimped in?????? Any help or comments on these area's would be great.
    Lee

Chances are they were crimped in. If you're going to reload them, a Dillion Precision Swager is all you need to give you an even uniform Primer Pocket for any surplus ammo with a crimped primer.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Will that help them line up better to ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't know why they aren't lining up straight. It might help, it's worth a shot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I wonder if it's inherant to the cartriage ... small size, tapered at the case seat, just doesn't have much to get a hold of.

That may be why Dillon (reportedly) isn't going to make a shell plate for the 5.7
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimberkid

I wonder if it's inherant to the cartriage ... small size, tapered at the case seat, just doesn't have much to get a hold of.

That may be why Dillon (reportedly) isn't going to make a shell plate for the 5.7

I didn't think about that, it's probably the reason behind that.