In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kimber vs Tanfoglio

MoetMoet Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
I am looking at upgrading to a more competitive hand gun and having difficulty deciding between the Kimber Team Match II and two choices of the Tanfoglio the Limited HC Custom or the Match LE

I have shoot the Kimber and Tanfoglio Match not the HC but the HC looks and feels real nice!

So any body have any preferences or experiences of any or all of the hand guns I am looking at

Plus and preference in Calibres I currently have a 9mm and all the reloading equip and have no real experience in the .38 super performance?

How does the .22lr perform?

It may come down to cost

Any and all input will be most welcome

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hummm no comments at all? [:(]
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kimber of course!!!
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Competitive hand gun ??? what kind of matches do you shoot? for the most part I don't know any matches that you can shoot a 22 or 38super in the same match . Why not buy the 1911 type pistol and a Marvel conversion unit in 22 that will fit the 1911 frame and let you shoot 22 for cheap practice.and matches where you can shoot a 22. "PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN" Hello read your latest post and will just edit mine. I shoot 1911 TYPE pistols in BULLS-EYE matches but ALSO the 22 CONVERSION UNIT on same pistol KART & MARVEL. I think this is a good idea and would look into the pistols you are asking about to see if they have a 22 conversion unit available
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe I should have been a bit clearer the .22lr intended purely for practice, .38 super and 9mm for matches and seperately, Field Pistol, Mandar, I.H.M.S.A and action matches

The point being I am keen on both makes of firearm and was looking for some user comments in any of the calibers
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Had a TA90 many moons ago - it was the original clone of the CZ75, mine had safety/decocker on the slide. No issues at all with it, shot all sorts of ammo no problems, even *very* hard primered Egyptian surplus. Sorta wish I still had it... although I'm currently shopping for a pistol again (aside from 22s), and I think I've settled on a basic 1911 instead of the new version the all steel frame Witness...
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What about this.

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=74

Or

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=69

They offer 22cal conversion kits as well.

And a better gun than the Witness. Go for the original.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.