In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Primed brass

Mark TMark T Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
Hello All, I recently stumbled onto 10,000 large pistol primers. My question is, does anybody think there is a market for once fire/new primed brass? I have alot of 45acp brass also.

Thanks

Comments

• Mark TMark T Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wht do you guys think about primed brass. I see federal brass in Midsouth SS is cheaper than Win, or Rem unprimed brass. I have never used primed brass before. Pros cons?
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You still need to size it but other than that there is nothing wrong with getting a free primer in my book.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used some factory primed brass and it worked good enough for the loads I was using. Like any other reloading, you must consider that the primers might be different than the load manual specifies. Likewise, I only use them for midlevel loads. Without sizing you may find an occasional tight fit in the chamber.
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    I can be a good deal depending on how and what you are buying. If you plan on buying primers localy it is not such a big deal. If you are going to mail order primers there is a Haz Mat fee attcached. There is not a Haz Mat fee on primed brass. Go Figure.