In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Question about RCBS Piggyback Conversion for RC

Anybody used one? Good? Bad? Ugly (other than green)!??

Sorry, not going to go Dillon. Only thing this will be used for - 223 rounds. 400 rounds an hour is plenty fast enough.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    I.ShuteI.Shute Member Posts: 647
    edited November -1
    I have one, still standing in the corner of the bench. Been there for 4 or 5 or 6 years.
    If I remember, it took 4 or 5 hours to set up, used it for 1 hour, haven't used it since. Have a couple other Rock Chuckers, so just haven't torn it down.
    It may have been a handy outfit to use if I'd got used to it, but seems that it was too awkward.
    95% of my loading is for rifle and I weigh each powder charge, so I guess that's why it's still sitting there.
    I have a couple other progressive presses and don't use them either, but I would put one of them in service if I were to go the progressive way.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    LIKE they would say in N.Y. city "forget about it" not worth the trouble to switch back and forth unless you have an extra rock chucker. Takes too long to get it wo work properly and this needs to be done EACH AND EVERY time.not just the first time.
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    I have a spare RC....

Will let you know upon arrival...and setup! LOL!