In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lee Perfect Powder or RCBS Uniflow?

I am looking to get an extra powder measure for loading 50AE with Hodgdon H110 powder. Is this one of the powders that will leak in the Lee Perfect Powder Measure? I've heard decent things about the Lee so before I spend $40 more on the RCBS I wanted to double check.

Comments

• Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    All I can tell you is that I have an RCBS and I am happy with the way it works.
  • Options
    neverending_thunderneverending_thunder Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It really depends on the type of powder your going to use. Certain powders will tend to not flow as smoothly. The extruded ones (they are shaped like pencil lead) tend to stick more than other types. The ball powders feed very easily & seldom stick.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    For H110, I would go with the RCBS, if I am right in thinking it a spherical powder. The stuff leaks from the Lee measure.

On the other hand, for any stick powder like 3031, 4895, etc., Lee all the way. It doesn't chop or bind like the RCBS.

Ergo I own both.
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Lee powder measure was the first one that I bought when I decided to quite using a scale for each and every charge. I kept it about six months and after having nothing but problems with it, I gave it to a friend to traded it for a Redding. I know people who use Lee's and don't really complain about them but I have two RCBS and 1 Redding powder measures and I wouldn't go back to the Lee. Just my experience anyway.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As mentioned earlier, the spherical powders leak out the side of the Lee. Not a lot just a few flakes at a time. For any other type of powder, it's fine.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.