In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lead Shot Prices

joe922joe922 Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
I dont know about the rest of the country but lead shot prices are soaring in Pa.As of March 1/07,8 shot 25lbs WILL BE $29/$30 bucks it was $13 this time last year!I've heard a number of reasons why just like to know whats it like elsewhere?

I've heard from some people in the know that China is buying up metal and scrap metal at a alarming rate,50%of all lead processed in the USA is going to China! And they are bringing on line a new coal or oil fired power generation plant every three weeks. 72% of our Alaskan oil is going China! At $30 a 25lb bag a case of Estate Target 12ga is cheaper than reloading .What's it going to be like this spring and early summer?

Comments

• Options
    rmckuinrmckuin Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Noticed yesterday at a local gun shop--$32.50 per 25# bag!!!! Crazy!! I live in a state (Missouri) that has lots of lead mines, but most of our lead shot comes from Peru???
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gander is advertising a "sale" at 29.00
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I realized I was out of shot about a month ago. I paid $16.00 last time I bought it. Called locally and the gal said out it's $17.00 a bag. I said great I will be down to get 200#. I got there and the price was $29.00 per bag. I already have the hulls and I can still buy Federal shells .05 cents a piece cheaper than I can reload mine not to mention time etc.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a neighbor tell me that one of the shotgun clubs in a town not far away is selling reclaimed shot for about $15.00 for 25# it is a mixture of 7 1/2,8,8 1/2 & 9 mostly. I might try it for my plinking loads.
  • Options
    clickclick Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    at my store, it sells for 19 bucks a bag.. keeps going up
  • Options
    joe922joe922 Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rmckuin
    Noticed yesterday at a local gun shop--$32.50 per 25# bag!!!! Crazy!! I live in a state (Missouri) that has lots of lead mines, but most of our lead shot comes from Peru???

That's a crime But what do you expect people pay a buck for 12oz of water ( mostly tap water) on average more than they pay for a gallon of gas!And no one screams about the water company profits.Damn I don't have a clue as what to do or even complain to joe922
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just found $21.95 for 25#. Bought 4 bags.