In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

300 WIN MAG. LOADS

mine shoots imr 4831 76.0 grs. underneath a nosler BT 150 gr. and comes in under .5 of an inch. One thing is for sure they dont lend themselves to anything over 3 shot groups and do very well.
I do like my swift at the range but it is no big deal to shoot 40/50 rounds at a time with the 300

Comments

• Options
    jray4059jray4059 Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    168 gr hpbt match with 80 gr imr 7828 goooood load
  • Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    180gr Nosler Partition or 180gr Sierra over a maximum or near maximum charge of IMR4350 has always worked for me in various rifles (they all like a different powder charge).
    Sierras for paper and smaller creatures and the Noslers for very large hairy things have always gotten it done [^].
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    74gr RL22 under a 180gr pill, with a 215M works for me in 2 rifles I loaded for.
  • Options
    konamtbikerkonamtbiker Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use 74.0 RL19 with a 165 Nosler Accubond. With a Federal 215 Match. Works great in my rifle. 1/2 MOA. Also i have had good results with N160
  • Options
    LongShot 220LongShot 220 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    H-414 shoots very well with a 150 Nosler BT. Does anyone have any opinion on the accu bond shots any different, better, worst, I just bought some 180 gr. and planning on trying them out.I dont know if this is my gun or not but the 180 and 150 shoots the same with the same power that have used so far. 414, 7831 Rl-19 , Rl-22. My gun is a Remington 300 win.mag Sendero I boughtb about 2 years ago. I love shooting that big thing but it makes me look good. The only thing I have done is had the trigger worked on. It sure made a difference. Thats why I started this to find out if the 300 is just that good or i gotta a sweet one. So post up some loads and I will try them out towards the end of the week
  • Options
    konamtbikerkonamtbiker Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My opinion on the accubond is that it shoots better in my rifle. Better than a normal non chemical bonded bullet. Like the SST or BTSP. I dont knwo why? The BC and the SD are usually the same. But i wont question it. Ill keep shootin the Accubond.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My load was the same in Both a Sendero and a PSS,..so I am guessing your rifle will fall right in line with it as well.

178gr a-max
    74gr RL22
    hornady brass (winchester by any other name)
    fed 215M primer

seat as long as magazine will allow,...we got close to the lands while still feeding from the box.