In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marathon

Man, am I glad I had already prepped the brass.
I loaded 650 rounds of 45ACP this afternoon on a single stage press.

I'll be scouring the want ads for a progressive loader soon. This just takes too dang long.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello don't over look the STAR brand progressive reloader. if you have any questions go to my member prifile and email me. They load match grade ammo and last a lifetime no plastic or aluminum parts.
  • Options
    shooter93shooter93 Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where do you get star equipment perryshooter?
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Hello don't over look the STAR brand progressive reloader. if you have any questions go to my member prifile and email me. They load match grade ammo and last a lifetime no plastic or aluminum parts.

Thanks, I've been looking at various brands here on GunBroker and was pleasantly surprised at the cost of some...But I wondered how cheaply they were made. I'll be in touch...sometime.. You know how it is; the baby's not yet two.
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    Star or Dillons are good. Don't get sucked into buying a Lee 1000. I have one setting next to me and it is a pain to keep working. I wish I had never bought it. I use it to expand 9mm cases and jams up just doing that.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Pearyw
    Star or Dillons are good. Don't get sucked into buying a Lee 1000. I have one setting next to me and it is a pain to keep working. I wish I had never bought it. I use it to expand 9mm cases and jams up just doing that.

That's that, then. I've got a Lee single-stage press that is pretty cheap. I'm giving it to a friend of mine who doesn't have any kind of press. My RCBS is a low-end model. Aluminum body, I think, but it's a lot better built than the Lee.