In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Long distance

Hi, I'm new, lol...........

Does anyone here know of any readily available media that deals with the basics of long distance shooting?

Not neccesarily any one type of weapon but just general basics of gun prep and shooting techniques.

Thank you in advance

[8D]

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Goldenmeister;

OOPS! I forgot to say Welcome!

www.long-range.com

I would suggest looking at the Sinclair International website for their selection of books about long range shooting. While there is a bunch of information on the web, there isn't the detail that you will get from the best books.

www.sinclairintl.com

Best.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    welcome to the boards. Some of the titles available at the link that are good are

"Precision Shooting at 1000yds"
    "Varmint hunters odyssey"
    "The ultimate in rifle accuracy"

also there are a lot of others that are written about long range sniping of one sort or police tactics this and that etc etc etc,..these are all good as well for things such as rifle choice, chamberings, practice methods, scopes, etc.
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a video that is advertised on tv called "Beyond Belief". I am not endorsing this and have never seen it but the guy shows techs. and tricks for guns and actual shots. Can't remember his name though. John Roberts maybe?[?] Welcome aboard[:D]
  • Options
    konamtbikerkonamtbiker Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah "Beyond belief" great long range video. This company that put out that video also has a video on long ranging. Its really good. But its cost about 100$ for that video.
  • Options
    konamtbikerkonamtbiker Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.thebestofthewest.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1&Itemid=45

Thats the link to that 100 dollar video. Its alot of money but TRUST me it is amazing and well worth it if you are serious about long range shooting and hunting.
  • Options
    GoldenmeisterGoldenmeister Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I thank you all very much, while I have made some very impressive (absolute luck) long range shots I am ready to move it to the next level.

How bout I start a new thread wherein we'll expound examples of our best shooting, yes?

[:D]
  • Options
    LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    long shots are cool! just have witness to back up your storylogic.jpg
  • Options
    juddroyjuddroy Member Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "The Ultimate Sniper" Major Plaster reveals some great tips and tricks in this book.