In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I will never bad mouth XD's again after today....

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭
Hit the range for a few hours eariler today. A couple buddies of mine have been trying to get me to join their indoor range and shoot
in a Thursday night league with them.

They are both into it with 2500-3000.00 race guns. I had the opportunity to shoot an STI .40 and was impressed with it, but it is hard to get past the price tag.

One of my buddies produced a "Tactical" XD 40. Wow was it ever a dream to shoot and very accurate. I think I might have to look into getting one.

Comments

• Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    Hit the range for a few hours eariler today. A couple buddies of mine have been trying to get me to join their indoor range and shoot
    in a Thursday night league with them.

They are both into it with 2500-3000.00 race guns. I had the opportunity to shoot an STI .40 and was impressed with it, but it is hard to get past the price tag.

One of my buddies produced a "Tactical" XD 40. Wow was it ever a dream to shoot and very accurate. I think I might have to look into getting one.

My best friend got one of the first XD45's. I've shot it and the 40's and have nothing but good to say about them. I'm more of a 1911-style fan. I'd rather spend my limited funds on a 1911 clone than an XD, but I can't fault their function.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I already own several 1911 style pistols and they are my preference also. I think I enjoyed shooting something different. But the main draw was the accuracy and shootability.
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why did you bad mouth them in the first place.? Bad info or bad experience?[xx(] Just curious.[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The first one I shot was an early 9mm model and it had some problems with both accuracy and reliability. From that point I saw them as
    a Glock rip off.

I had the opportunity to shoot a few hundred more rounds though the same XD 40 Tactical yesterday. I will be buying that firearm in the next week or two....[:D]