In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

22 remington Jet

peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
Due to the price and availability of Jet ammo, I thought I would set up for reloading this cartridge. I have found that trying to find the dies and .222 diameter bullets are harder to find than Jet ammo. Does anyone have a source for .222 diameter bullets? I would also like to find a set of used dies that someone surely has lying around that they are no longer using. I would prefer not to have to pay and arm and a leg for something that I would only use occassionally. I know, I should have gotten them years ago when they were more plentiful, but, alas, did not. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks---Peabo

Comments

• Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    If it's a TC contender you can shoot .224 diameter bullets in it.
    If it's a 53 S&W then the Hornady 45 grain hornet bullet will work as it's a .223 diameter bullet and will not cause a problem.......
  • Options
    peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    Mrbruce,
    It is a 53 S&W. I found some Hornady bullets on gunaccessories.com.
    Now if I can only find a reasonably priced set of used dies, I'll be set.

Thanks---Peabo
  • Options
    browser900browser900 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use 50gr lead gas check bullets sized to .224 in mine at 1300 to 1400 f/s. I have .222 dia bullets but do dot use them due to high muzzel blast when loaded to high velocity, and not much point in loading them to 1400 f/s when lead works very well.