In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Federal Brass

wynn24wynn24 Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
I have only used remington and winchester brass. I would recommmend winchester brass to anyone. How is federal? I have found some once fired federal brass. Where as i would have to buy all new winchester, because i cant find any once fired.
We are going on a prairie dog hunt this spring and my brass needs to be replaced. Anyway how does federal compare to winchester, so i have an idea. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    gravleygravley Member Posts: 79
    edited November -1
    I have used federal brass and have not had any problems with it. I stay with one brand whenever I load a batch of ammo. Don't mix and match brands and expect the same results.
  • Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The standard Federal brass and the standard Winchester brass would compare very favorably in quality. The Federal Match brass is a step above both in consistancy, but not that easy to find these days at times.
    The Federal brass seems to have a little less case capacity and be slightly thicker than the Winchester (at least what I've used in recent years). The same powder charges tend to show pressure signs sooner in the Federal than the Winchester, but the Federal has always given me excellent accuracy for varmit loads, etc. and seems to last just as long as far as reloading goes.
    If I found a good deal on some I would buy it.
    Hope this helps,
    Good Luck...................[^].
  • Options
    wynn24wynn24 Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys I am going to buy. Thanks again
  • Options
    macabestmacabest Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What caliber are you looking for ?? There is a ton of brass in common and some uncommon calibers on EBAY.. Sometimes they are sorted by manufacturer.
    Marc
  • Options
    konamtbikerkonamtbiker Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have found that there isnt much of difference when using Federal brass. If its a good price go for it.