In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

info needed for reduced power loads

637e637e Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
hi ya'll , would like to know where I can find reduced smokeless powder loads for old black powder cartridge rifles .I am presently shooting .28-30-120 stevens ,.25-21 stevens , .25-20 stevens single shot, and .32 ideal. Each is in a model 44 stevens rifle .I,ve called several powder companies and they just * off , saying "we don't have that much call for that info ,so we won't take the time to research those calibers !" Thanks To All 637e

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello one of my older books list 25-21 Stevens 86 grain bullet 9grains of 2400 or 5grains of Unique on the 28-30-120 Stevens only one load that is smokeless 135grain bullet with 17 grains of 4198 and on the 25-20 86 grain bullet with 8 grains of 2400 on the 32 ideal 150 grain bullet 12 grains of 4198. I can't find any 44 stevens listing . One point I would look into would be TRAIL BOSS powder it is made for low pressure and is high bulk I dont think you could run into any danger on any of these cartridges with case full. Please make sure you get a second opinion on any of these loads your rifles have too much value to take a chance on my post let alone your safety. Cheers Karl.