In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

5mm Craig

I am getting a Remington 592 and I am considering converting it to 5mm Craig. Has anyone had any experience with this gun and cartidge combination? What about max loaded cartirdge length with the 592? With berger bullets, since the shape is different from the factory bullet, how long can you could make the loaded round before it wouldn't feed from the magazine. Ideas on loads?

Comments

• I.ShuteI.Shute Member Posts: 647
    edited November -1
    There are 10 good reasons to go with the Schroeder conversion rather than the Craig.

You can go back to rimfire if it ever comes back. Brass is 20 times better. You get 20 reloads instead of 1 or none. Many more reasons.

Click my profile and gimme an email.
  • VAmtnbikerVAmtnbiker Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am also getting a 592M (sent my payment off today) and I'm looking forward to getting the conversion done. The Schroeder conversion is appealing. Is he still offering this? I can find almost nothing about it on the web.