In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best Bullet Puller & Best Caliper Recommendations?

Late-BloomerLate-Bloomer Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
I'm starting to get set-up for reloading and I was wondering if anybody could suggest their favorites and why, please ...

Didn't want to buy one of these without any recommendations. Thanks!
[8D]

Comments

• Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Any digital caliper will serve you well. $35 jobs will measure down to the thousandth of an inch, which is what you need.

For bullet pullers, I have an impact type as it is for the occasional mistake and doesn't mar the bullet. If pulling down quantities, I'd go with a Hornady cam lock puller.

Jon
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    I have the Cabelas dial calipers and have not had a problem with them yet. They were only $19.99. Had I seen they were made in China before I got them home I probably would have reconsidered. But they do work fine.
    I also have a manual impact style bullet puller which seems to do the job for the occasional mistake. That too is the Cabelas brand.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A "Kinetic" bullet puller is the way to go. Midway USA carries the Frankford Arsenal ones that do just fine. RCBS also makes one that is more ergonomically shaped and I hear that it is easier to use and takes less power. I have not used the RCBS. Kinetic bullet pullers leave no marks on your bullets so that you can reuse them. Frankford also makes a good dial caliper and digital as well. RCBS, Lyman and most other loading equipment makers sell them both. Dials can be had for around $20.00 and digital for around $35.00. I have used a $200.00 digital set and a $35.00 Frankford Arsenal for comparison and for reloading the Frankford was great.
  • Options
    Late-BloomerLate-Bloomer Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info., I think I'll pick up the Frankford Arsenal brands they look pretty good and I'll also get the digital calipers should be alot easier on the eyes! [:D]
  • Options
    fire for effectfire for effect Member Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For Bullet pulling, I have the traditional Impact bullet puller, which I ue on the odd occasion. If I need to pull alot of bullets, I have both the RCBS and the Hornady. Both work just fine, but if I cold only have one, it would probably be the Hornady.