In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dillon RL450 upgrade

SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone ever use the upgrade kits for the 450 to enable auto prime and charge? Recently acquired a 450 and like it, but I am real interested in the auto prime and charge features.

Comments

• BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 550 and after a buddy of mine used it he upgraded his 450 and it works great. Pretty hard to tell the difference.
  • SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did he do all the upgrades or just the auto prime/charge?
  • fire for effectfire for effect Member Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I up graded My Dillon 450 last fall with the Auto primer feed and the auto Power drop. They work well. The only reason I did it was because I also have a Dillon 550, and a Hornady Lock & Load, and I wanted the loading Procedures to be basically the same for all presses.
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For about $75 more you can buy the 550.I did just the auto prime on my 450,works fine, I don't mind hitting the powder plunger every time.Right now I only load 357 on it.I have a 650 for some others.I know if I do decide toupgrade again I will just buy the 550.