In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

IMR 4895

I'm looking for info to load 243 with IMR4895 using the 100 grain Nosler Partition bullet. My loading manuals have loads for the 95 gr. but not 100. Can any lead me to a book that has loads for the 100 gr. using this powder?

Thanks,

I'm moving this over to Competition Shooting and Reloading forum.

Comments

• Options
    Jersey HunterJersey Hunter Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm looking for info to load 243 with IMR4895 using the 100 grain Nosler Partition bullet. My loading manuals have loads for the 95 gr. but not 100. Can any lead me to a book that has loads for the 100 gr. using this powder?

Thanks,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone use it. It's an extruded powder correct? I'm trying to compare it's grain size to H110. H110 flows out of my powder measure like water, including coming out the side.

Will th 4895 do the same?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just had almost 10lbs of this powder given to me , but never used it before . I always used 4831 ,4350 , or 4064 ( all IMR ) Anyone ever use it / what can I use it for ?
    I know I can look it up in the reloading manuals , but thought I could get some input from someone that loads with it or has loaded it in the past .
    Most of my loadings are from 243 up to 338 win mag , and anything in between for Pa. black bear and Deer hunting .

Just did a search in this forum , and found that most folks use it for their 223's , if thats the case maybe I'll have a use for it after all , once in a while I'll load a bunch of 223's for the Bushmaster [:)]
  • Options
    jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]Yo Jersey-I've got a Loadbooks USA for the .243 and it shows (for the NOSLER 100gr Partition Spitzer)--

Using IMR4895 31.5gr (most accurate) to 35.5gr as max--

_I've had .444" group at 100 yds using AA2230c, but I've got a LOT of IMR 4895 so I just loaded up a couple hundred so I'll try it out --good luck-

-[:D][:D]--JIMBO
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks I'll get a load book for the 243. This will be my first attempt at reloading.