In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

scopes allowed on service rifles

Joe DreesJoe Drees Member Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
My hi power rifle league voted to allow people with poor eyesight to compete with scopes. Scores will count towards team and personal awards, but will not be sent to the NRA for scoring. Vote passed by a 3-1 margin. This will enable many older shooters to compete for years to come. Results of this format will be sent to NRA and CMP who have expressed interest in this experiment. There are not enough shooters to have an F class. It will be intersting to see how many show up with a scope. I have mixed feelings about this. I shot much better with a scope, but would like to see as many people as can in the league. It will be up to the individual as to whether or not he wants to use a scope. I'll stick with iron sights.

Comments

• Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    I think that is a great idea. Would they allow the shooter to compete in both catagories? If they run the match like a silhouette match you can shoot scope, iron or both. It would give you the chance to shoot twice as much and give you twice the chance to place.
  • Options
    Joe DreesJoe Drees Member Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, just scope or not. It is one class. The purpose is to allow older shooters to stay competetive with those with better eyesight. We do not have seperate classes, ie marksman through high master. Our league is small and friendly enough that everyone knows everyone else and a person using a scope who did not need it just would not happen. We have some very good shooters and most of them are in favor of allowing scopes.
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    Your club is allowing scopes for the same reason that they did in silhouette, old eyes. Thats one of the reasons I started shooting silhouette, these old eyes and the fact that you can use scopes. I havn't compeated in highpower in over 10 years but I would love to start up again with a scope, that is if I can get this old body of mine limber enough to shoot sitting again.