In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cost of Dillon reloader?

I've only got a 1970's single stage RCBS reloader. It is very, very slow, but is made of carbide steel so I don't have to use any lube on the cases.

But a buddy has got a multi-stage (progessive?) Dillon reloader he bought used for $100.00. I haven't seen it but I trust my buddy not to scam me and he is offering it to me for what he paid for it ($100.00) It is complete and ready to go (not sure what calibers) and for another $20.00 he will include a brand new case cleaner which he paid $40.00 for.

I know very little about reloading (last time I did was 1978) and I have no idea about costs. With what little info I was able to provide can anyone give me any guidance?

Since I recently scored 7,500 RCBS still in the box 148 grain .38 wadcutters for 2.5 cents each, I need to start reloadng.

Comments

• Options
    SW 357MagSW 357Mag Member Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it's in good shape that is an excellent price.
  • Options
    shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    if you dont take it i will
    rember Dillon has a life time no B.S. warrenty
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doesn't matter what model that is a steal. Dillon has a lifetime warranty if there are any problems. They are also very good about helping over the phone and getting you set up.
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    You would be a fool to not buy it at that price, buy you buddy a nice dinner to thank him for such a great deal. Dillon has the best warrentee in the business, NO BS and they mean it. They will replace any parts that might be missing/broken and help you get set up. You just can't go wrong on this one
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Thanks everybody. When the wife is napping I gonna raid the cookie jar and sneak out the money and buy the reloading outfit. Thanks for the good advice. My wife thanks you too. No, wait. If she finds out she will be mad at all of us.

Anyway, I thank all of you.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let us know what model you got. If your wife finds out I want to go on record as stating that you did not need this and that you should not buy it. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thats O.K. we got your back [:D] tr fox [B)][B)][B)]
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    Heck yeah buy it. Like the others said, lifetime warranty and a great reloader at that.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Just be sure it's not a 450! They don't service or warranty the oldest models anymore, and you can't upgrade any missing toolheads or other necessary pieces.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunnut505
    Just be sure it's not a 450! They don't service or warranty the oldest models anymore, and you can't upgrade any missing toolheads or other necessary pieces.

Dang! Your warning came just in time. I'm going go make the purchase tomorrow afternoon, Sunday 3-4-07. I will look for that model number on the box (if any) or hopefully on the reloader itself. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bring the phone number for Dillon along with you, so that if it is missing anything you can call them before money changes hands to see if they'll still take care of you
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mk 19
    Bring the phone number for Dillon along with you, so that if it is missing anything you can call them before money changes hands to see if they'll still take care of you

Good advice but I doubt they take phone calls on Sunday. Besides, you can only squeeze what is offered as being a good deal from a friend so hard.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I never had that problem with my friends, they all know I'm the cheepest man in the state of CA
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mk 19
    I never had that problem with my friends, they all know I'm the cheepest man in the state of CA

Got ya beat. I'm the cheapest man in TWO states. KS and MO.

BTW, the Dillion press is the "SquareDeal B Auto-Indexing Reloader which I am going to pay for and pickup this afternoon. Thanks for any and all advice on this matter to each and eveyone of you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    give ya 105.00 for it
    ya get to make a whole 5 on the deal
    what ya say friend [:D][?][:D]
  • Options
    fire for effectfire for effect Member Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunnut505

Are you trying to say that the Lifetime warranty on my Dillon 450 is not a lifetime Warranty??? What a bunch of cheapskates!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootlow
    give ya 105.00 for it
    ya get to make a whole 5 on the deal
    what ya say friend [:D][?][:D]

Uh....let me think for a minute......ah......no.