In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone use a Thumler 'Model B' tumbler?

thumler%20model%20b.jpg

It looks like a nice tumbler but the actual drum might be somewhat small. Any opinions?

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MosinNagantDisciple,

It depends on how many cases you want to do in one batch. I think the capacity range is something like 200-600 cases depending on the size of case. You can do more pistol cases than RUM cases.

Best.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a Thumbler Tumbler. The drums are plenty big. I've had mine for several years and it works great. They're made for polishing rocks which requires runing the tumbler for days on end so polishing brass is a breeze for one of them. You'd never wear one out polishing brass.

One of the best features of the rotary tumbler is there's no noise other than the clink clink of the brass tumbling whereas the vibrating type need to be in a room by their self plus the rotary doesn't generate a bunch of dust either.

Youu can find them on E-bay which is about the cheapest place I've seen them. I bought mine used for around $30 bucks. They're pretty pricy when buying them new.

Smitty
  • Options
    MosinNagantDiscipleMosinNagantDisciple Member Posts: 2,612
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    I use a Thumbler Tumbler. The drums are plenty big. I've had mine for several years and it works great. They're made for polishing rocks which requires runing the tumbler for days on end so polishing brass is a breeze for one of them. You'd never wear one out polishing brass.

One of the best features of the rotary tumbler is there's no noise other than the clink clink of the brass tumbling whereas the vibrating type need to be in a room by their self plus the rotary doesn't generate a bunch of dust either.

Youu can find them on E-bay which is about the cheapest place I've seen them. I bought mine used for around $30 bucks. They're pretty pricy when buying them new.

Smitty

Thats good to hear. I live in an apartment so I dont want my neighbors (or myself!) to go crazy from the noise. Also, it does seem like the rotary tumbler involves less stress on the mechanism - whereas in a vibratory one, things can shake loose.

Thanks for the opinions, I definitely will be getting one in the near future.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello They do work great but be aware use plenty of media The first time I used one many years ago I did not have but like 5 pounds of walnut hulls and the brass could hit each other and PEENED the case mouth on a 45ACP case until it was 1/8 of an inch thick had to throw away all of them [xx(][xx(]