In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need .38 special brass.

Now that I'm getting back into reloading, what can I expect to pay for .38 special brass? Where is a good source? Anybody here got some extra they care to give to me?

Also, will a .38 special wadcutter cycle through most .357 magnum lever actions rifles?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tr fox,

Offers to buy, sell or trade are not allowed on the GB forums. Please change your post.

Thanks.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    how many we talking about, [since i'm giving no rules broken], just shipping
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nononsense
    tr fox,

Offers to buy, sell or trade are not allowed on the GB forums. Please change your post.

Thanks.

Sorry. Changed. hope ok.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    how many we talking about, [since i'm giving no rules broken], just shipping

email me with what you got in mind.
  • Options
    rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a ton of it around here somewhere & i'll give it away to anyone who will pay for the shipping. Most of it is once fired brass & about half of its nickel. I wont sort it so you get what you get.
  • Options
    Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about a weight and distance to 44070?

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy"
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    If you want new brass, Midway-USA, Mid-South Shooter Supply, and Grafs are all good places. I like Midway because of the NRA Round-up program and the fact that they have some good specials.

To answer your second question, .38 wadcutters should cycle fine in a lever gun.
  • Options
    hasbeenhasbeen Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hello, tr fox can't help you with the brass i am looking for 38spl. brass. i have tried to shoot wadcutters in marlin 1894 357mag and marlin 1894 44mag they just will not feed do to being to short if you will over to marlinowners.com they can explain it better than i can.you will love shooting the 357 whith 38 a lot of funto shoot