In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Results of tonight's practice

I shoot .22LR pistol comp. We have practice every thursday night, and tonight I shot in the 450/600 range. Don't know the exact numbers off the top of my head, but my last rapid fire target (50 feet, one handed, 5 shots in 10 seconds, twice per target) was a 90/100. Not too shabby for only having 2 months of practice under my belt.

I'm shooting a Hamden, CT High Standard Victor with an Ultra Dot Pan A/V holo sight on it.

Comments

• Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A very fancy rig.

Nice shootin there tex!
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    macabestmacabest Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zulu, What is you whole course of fire ? I shoot in an informal bullseye league. We shoot a 2 minute for 5 shot slow fire twice, a timed fire of 5 shots in 20 seconds twice, and rapid fire 5 shots in 10 sec twice. I just shot a 90 on the slow fire target for the first time. I've been averaging about 90 per target. I have been doing it for a couple years. We shoot 20 weeks a year. Start in september. break between Thanksgiving and new years. Then shoot 10 more weeks.
    We shoot on our indoor 50' range using b2 and b3 targets.
    I have a neos with a cheap BSA reddot.
    It's a lot of fun and has helped my shooting a ton.
    BTW.. good job.
    Marc

We use 2 hands.
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    50 foot bullseye, 2 rounds of slow fire (10 shots in 10 minutes), 4 rounds of timed fire (5 shots in 20 seconds) and 4 rounds of rapid fire (5 shots in 10 seconds). Two targets per fire. Our season starts in January and ends in March. 3 tourneys at each of the 4 locations, and they average the 10 best tourney scores for your season score.
  • Options
    victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    Zulu7
    You have to try some silhouette shooting. They shoot 25,50,75,and 100 yard targets.
  • Options
    dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, I want to shoot silhouette "hunter pistol" or something similar again. It was a blast.

Tim