In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What do you use in your .41 MAG?

ginmasterginmaster Member Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
What do you use in your .41 MAG? I've been working with the 200 grn Remington JHP W/C Bullets with 18.5 to 20 grns of H110. I've also used Hornday 210 JHP w/ 21 grns of H110, but the recoil was a little heavy. I'm shooting with a Ruger Blackhawk with a 4 5/8 barrel.

Good luck out there.

Comments

• Options
    KdubKdub Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My old 3-screw BH with 6 1/2" bbl gets a diet of 18.1 gr H110 with a 225 gr SWCGC bullet. Also, 19.0 gr IMR4227 get used with this bullet from time to time.

The 170 gr Hornady HP's get 11.3 gr of IMR4756.

These loads produce a moderate to slightly heavy recoil - nothing like full charge loads, though!

Keep off the Ridgeline
  • Options
    old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    I haven't reloaded for pistol or revolver for quite a while.In the past,i loaded for about every handgun caliber that existed.the most accurate load i ever found was a 200 gr. Speer bullet with H-110 in an Old Model Ruger Blackhawk 41 Mag.It would literally pile one bullet on top of another if you did your part.Think the load was 20 gr. of H-110 but without looking up old records,i am not positive.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guy's, keep it coming. Not enough info on this round. Where can you get lighter bullets? Cabela's has the 210 grn. Horndays and the Remington 200 grn. JHP W/C bullets but nothing else. GB searches only show the common ones if any at all.

Good luck out there.
  • Options
    HUNT WALKERSHUNT WALKERS Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My ruger redhawk does well with 18.5gr. of win. 296 and 210gr. hornady jhp. The 4 5/8 blackhawk does ok with this load. I also have a super blackhawk hunter that I haven't got to shoot due to work schedule and weather.
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    265 grain Beartooth Bullets WFN with gc over 21 grains of H110. Have put this bullet completely through a Musk Ox at 80 yards from my Blackhawk with 6" barrel.

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://www.galleryofguns.com

aglore@gci.net
  • Options
    Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    My load is close to aglore's, 270 gr WFNGC over 22 gr. H110 - but I haven't tried it on musk ox yet.

(was that a hint for an invite?)[:D]

NRA ENdowment, CRPA Life, Past President NRA Members Council
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem. Semper Fidelis
    marinesega2.jpg
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Sierra makes a 170 gr jacketed bullet available through Midway.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dakotashooter2
    Sierra makes a 170 gr jacketed bullet available through Midway.

ahh, checked there last night. Didn't see any.

I'm also interested in the heavier bullets too.

Good luck out there.