In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How often do you trim your brass?

ContacFrontContacFront Member Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
Curious to what everyone is doing to their brass?

I am working on 308 Win.

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When it is .010 over the trim to length, I trim it back to the book length.
  • ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    Once when it's "new" to me, and then not unless I feel like it needs it, which isn't often when you have enough brass that shooting through it all takes a long time. [;)]
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As little as possible. Miserable job. Only time I really bother is on exotic case types. For what a 5.56 or whatever costs, you can scrap 'em for less than the value of your time in trimming them.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain)
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I trim mine between every firing...I just run them all through. Some need trimmed and some do not.

Eric

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
    VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everytime I reload them.

Nowhere in the U.S. Constitution does it state: "Seperation of Church and State".

"Those who beat their guns into plow shares; will plow for those who don't."

62038332.jpgawcountdown.gif

"Isaiah 5:20 ?Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"
  • deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    whenever they measure over the maximum length.I measure every empty before I load it.I don't mind trimming either,I have a Lyman electric trimmer and it takes the work out of it and it also cleans out the primer pocket.just my .02