In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

7.62 Nagant Re-Loading

Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
Well besides dies and the normal things you need for reloading what do I need, what kind of primers?, what kind of bullets?, anything unique to it? I know that the case does something with the cilynder to seal it to the barrel, does this require a special bullet.

Also I have noticed that all the comercial round are all flat point jacketed, what does that mean?

Comments

• Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I load for mine using 32 H&R magnum brass and 94 gr cast lead bullet. I have tried a lot of different kinds of brass and bullets to come up with a combination that works, hits to point of aim, and is accurate. You can buy Nagant brass, bullets, and dies from companies such as Graf's, but it is more expensive. I load mine with 32 acp Lee dies.
  • Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Pearyw
    I load for mine using 32 H&R magnum brass and 94 gr cast lead bullet. I have tried a lot of different kinds of brass and bullets to come up with a combination that works, hits to point of aim, and is accurate. You can buy Nagant brass, bullets, and dies from companies such as Graf's, but it is more expensive. I load mine with 32 acp Lee dies.

Is that just shorter brass
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    It is shorter than the Nagant case. I load the round so the bullet is to the end of the cylinder. My standard load is 3.5gr of 231 powder.