In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

shooting glass color

why are there so many different color shooting glasses, is it just personal prefrence or does one color work better than others . please let me no , i want to buy a set but i do not want to go threw 50 colors to get the right one .thanks

Comments

• Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the color of lens depends on the type of environment(indoor/outdoor/etc), weather condition, target color, type of shooting, and length of range.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    bassassassin007bassassassin007 Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For very bright days I use a darker color (like most people). On overcast days or when it is getting dark, I use an orange color lens. It seems to make things brighter and I can stay out a little longer than clear lenses.

Dave
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    muzzelloader69,

Yes to both of your questions. It can be personal preference or even necessity as well as particular colors serve the purpose of enhancing the conditions that you're shooting in.

Some folks don't see certain colors as well as other folks, given the conditions so they choose a lens color to help them.

Colors can enhance or detract from your perception of the target, helping or hindering your shooting.

Best.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nononsense
    muzzelloader69,

Yes to both of your questions. It can be personal preference or even necessity as well as particular colors serve the purpose of enhancing the conditions that you're shooting in.

Some folks don't see certain colors as well as other folks, given the conditions so they choose a lens color to help them.

Colors can enhance or detract from your perception of the target, helping or hindering your shooting.

Best.

well said, i have a pair of photo-gray safety glasses i love them, and they are not to dark when the sun comes out
  • Options
    md1634md1634 Member Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also may depend on being partialy color blind. Believe it or not on some days I can't se an orange rabbit on green grass. I have to wait untill it hops up or the back ground changes. A brown tint solves the problem.