In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Nickel Plated Cases

Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
You can re-load nickle plated cases right?, I was planning on doing it for a 38 S&W I have

Comments

• Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Here is an old thread about them.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=152544

I have reloaded them without any problems other than they are a little harder to size.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had no problems reloading them. They clean up easier IMO.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like that old post, one year old,I loaded my last 400 HBWC bullets Sunday in the same 357 nickle brass cases I was using last year. The stuff works fine for me.
  • Options
    konamtbikerkonamtbiker Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, one can reload nickleplated brass. I dont use it. Had some crack on me and the nickle chipped off. I could be one in a hundred though. Just look for signs of cracking before reloading. Which is something you would do anyways.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like it personally. The brass is easy to clean and it don't tarnish.

Smitty
  • Options
    ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 for nickel plated cases in revolvers. Much easier to clean (less time in the tumbler) and they look good, too. I've never noticed that they were any more difficult to resize. I use nothing but nickel for my .38 and .357 loads.

I don't like nickel for auto calibers. Brass works better for me.
  • Options
    7mmbr7mmbr Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use Nickel Plated cases in both of my .44 Mags for deer hunting and the are easier to identify for my hunting rounds for that is all they are used for. They seem to withstand the weather a tad bit better also. IMHO!!!

Seen the least, feared the most!!!
  • Options
    dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 on using Nickel Plated Cases. Look cool, easy to clean, easier to find at the range. So what if they cost a little more and don't last as long. Speer, Winchester, and Remington seem to have thicker plating than Federal.

Tim
  • Options
    modocmodoc Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love them for leaving them in leather belts as they do not corrode like their brothers in brass.Got very tired removing the brass every time I had a lull in packing a belt full of ammo on a hunting trip.So any that you don't need!!!!!We hunt every time we can..Lots of critters out west to control..Luck to ya......