In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Federal 10mm Brass

rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
Was priming some range brass, I bought recently. Have used the Lee Auto Prime for years, without any problems. Some 10mm Federals started causing me to have fits, seating the primer. Almost like military brass that have the primers swaged into the case head. I suspect this was government contract stuff, for the FBI's MP 5's. There were no flute marks on the fired brass though. Some solid citizens must of got there hands on the stuff, using the old five finger discount. Figure I'ld give everybody a heads up. Don't be primeing this stuff around any little kids using a Auto Prime. They're bound to learn a bunch of new words, that are sure to get them kicked out of school.

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A few years ago I bought 1000 1 fired FC cases from Scharch that were I was told FBI range stuff. This was roll sized and cleaned already. I will check and see if I can tell if there was a crimp removed. I just found a gallon can of it that I thought I had used.

UPDATE.

Of the 25-30 cases I just looked at about 1/2 of them have had a crimp removed. Lightly reamed. I had not noticed this before. Never even thought to look. The others don't have any type of crimp at all. Good catch.