In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Looking for Adjustable Iris Shooting Diopter

03lover03lover Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
I have seen one of the shooting aids, an adjustable iris diopter that attached to a persons eye glasses with a suction cup in a shooters supply catalog. Now I can't find it.

I can find the Lyman single hole "Hawkeye Shooter's Diopter Optic Aid" but I would prefer the more expensive adjustable iris model.

I think I used to have a "A.I. Freedman shooting specialty catalog that carried all sort of aids, but they are no longer in business.

Any help locating a good shooters specialty catalog or listings for these "Diopter Optic Aids" will be appreciated.

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Try Champions Choice www.champchoice.com ask for Homer if you call These guys serve the Shooters at Camp Perry each year. They have them in stock if they don't have any left try Champions shooters supply [:(]sorry I don't have their web site address. "PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN"[8D][8D][8D]EDIT EDIT item #3112020 on page 37 Hawkeye shooters Optic aid mounts on the EYEGLASS lens with suction cup IMHO ok but hard to get on the correct location. another item on same page Gehmann #390 shooters Iris Disc IMHO is a great well made unit that is easy to get in the right location[:p][:D][:p]phone # 1 800-345-7179 cheers Karl
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    try sinclair, they sell them.

www.sinclairintl.com
  • RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Merit makes a suction cup adjustible iris unit; available direct or from Brownells. I'm curious to try out a new shooting glass that has a lens "covered" with small holes. The press is that your eye automatically finds the correct hole to look through; easy and no worry about correctly placing the suction cup, etc.
    On the downside overall light coming to the eye is limited.
    Saw them advertised in the latest Shooting Times (maybe) or if not, GUNS.
    Be interested in hearing from anyone who's tried them.
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1