In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tumblers

mike992mike992 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
what kinda of meda is best walnut or corn [?]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Has anyone tried the Frankford Arsenal tumbler?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm looking into buying a tumbler. Which do you guys pefer? A rotory or a vibrating one? Also what type of cleaning media is best? And what brand?Thanks
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ths standard seems to be the vibratory- but what do I know? I am using a rotary rock tumbler I bought for a buck at local thrift shop. Use a large plastic V8 bottle to hold brass and media. When it dies, I'll probably get a vibratory. But 10 years so far, and still running.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Vibratory are the most popular. The Franklin Arsenal tumbler that Midway USA sells works great and has a reasonable price tag as well. My first one worked hard for around 10-12 years before the motor died. The Lyman tumblers work well and you can get a larger capacity. Dillon tumlers are tough and last really well. They have a med size and a big commercial size.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Midway 1292 vibrator kinda small but does the job for me. All I do is handgun. It really depends on what cartridges you are in need of cleaning.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BHAVIN
    Vibratory are the most popular. The Franklin Arsenal tumbler that Midway USA sells works great and has a reasonable price tag as well.

That what I have, works great.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I also have the Midway one. Works fine, I prefer fine grain walnut media with a little mineral spirits added- does the same job the case cleaning agents do, I find.