In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

dustinbrass

wtroperwtroper Member Posts: 736 ✭✭
Has anyone had dealings with this business - www.dustinbrass.com? On the auction side they purportedly sell 300 Whisper brass. Three or four days ago I used the "buy now" button to purchase a lot of brass. I have sent two emails via GB contact with the seller. Thus far I have received no response. The web site shown above does not contain any useful info. Just curious. The seller shows significant positive feedback.

Comments

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wtroper,

Here's a couple of things to look into:

Number one, your link contains a '?' which negates it as a link. But when I take the '?' out, all I get is "Go Daddy Go" listing it as a parked URL with no website attached.

www.dustinbrass.com - doesn't work for me at all.

Two, I did some snooping around and found his other website which sells T/C barrels and the link to the Custom Brass website:

www.coyoteguns.com

If he is a barrel manufacturer as his website suggests, as well as doing trigger jobs with Bellm tooling and making/selling brass, I doubt he has time for the phone or e-mail. Mike Bellm had to quit taking orders a while back, he was so backed up. Most of the small manufacturers that I know are doing away with their e-mail accounts because they can't keep up with the volume and find that most of the e-mails are a waste of their time. But since Coyote Guns does list a phone number, call him. A phone call costs money and time so generally only the serious folks will call. Spend the dime and call him. His name is Paul Dustin.

Best.
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    iwannausername@localhost $ whois dustinbrass.com

Registrant:
    The Bargain Hunter
    809 East 41st Street
    San Angelo, TX 76903
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: DUSTINBRASS.COM
    Created on: 17-Jan-03
    Expires on: 17-Jan-08
    Last Updated on: 01-Mar-07

Administrative Contact:
    Keith, Kay thebargainhunter@suddenlink.net
    The Bargain Hunter
    809 East 41st Street
    San Angelo, TX 76903
    United States

Technical Contact:
    Keith, Kay thebargainhunter@suddenlink.net
    The Bargain Hunter
    809 East 41st Street
    San Angelo, TX 76903
    United States
  • wtroperwtroper Member Posts: 736 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks nononsense. I put in the question mark as punctuation at the end of the sentence and then did not look closely enough at it to see that it had been included in the link. I desire to purchase the brass and will call the telephone #. However, it seems strange that one would continue to list items on the auction if they are not intending to follow up on a sale.
  • wtroperwtroper Member Posts: 736 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Update --- Just completed telephone conversation with Paul Dustin, a very nice gentleman. He was glad to take my order. He said that as of a couple of hours ago he had received no communication that I had purchased the brass through the auction site. He also stated that this has happened in the past ---- some things get lost on the internet ---- sometimes he receives the notification as long as a month after the "Buy it now" button was used.

My primary point ---- seems as though whatever went wrong ---- IT WAS NOT THE SELLER'S FAULT. Therefore, I recommend him to you if you have need for his products. I can believe his story. I once bid on a rifle on another auction site & won it, but did not know that I was the winner. I received no notice from the auction site or the seller. The seller finally emailed me (again??) about two weeks later wondering if I was going to pay for it. That was when I first became aware that I had won the auction.