In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Odawgp - I was there today and they have extended the date for comments out until September.

That doesn't mean that you don't need to go and make comments. In fact, here is a form letter you can use.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing in strong opposition to OSHA's proposed rules on "explosives," which go far beyond regulating true explosives. These proposed rules would impose severe restrictions on the transportation and storage of small arms ammunition, both complete cartridges and handloading components such as black and smokeless powder, primers, and percussion caps. These restrictions go far beyond existing transportation and fire protection regulations.

As a person who uses ammunition and components, I am very concerned that these regulations will have a serious effect on my ability to obtain these products. OSHA's proposed rules would impose restrictions that very few gun stores, sporting goods stores, or ammunition dealers could comply with. Prohibiting firearms in stores that sell ammunition, for example, is absurd, but would be required under the proposed rule.

The proposed transportation regulations would also affect shooters' ability to buy these components by mail or online, because shipping companies would also have great difficulty complying with the proposed rules. For instance, the rules against leaving any vehicle containing "explosives" unattended would make it impossible for companies such as United Parcel Service to deliver ammunition to businesses or consumers without massive changes in their operations, such as putting a second driver on any truck that might happen to deliver a case of shotgun shells.

There is absolutely no evidence of any new safety hazard from storage or transportation of small arms ammunition or components that would justify these new rules. I also understand that organizations with expertise in this field, such as the National Rifle Association, National Shooting Sports Foundation, and Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Association, will be submitting detailed comments on this issue. I hope OSHA will listen to these organizations' comments as the agency develops a final rule on this issue.

Sincerely,
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was to osha's web page also and left my comments. this is a link to an online petition. not for comment.[;)]