In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

12 Ga card wad to put in WWAA12W to 1 Oz.

Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, with shot @ $34.00 a bag, I'm trying to save some $ and find a card wad to put in the std. AA white wad to reduce it to 1 oz. load without changing bars, wads, etc.

Comments

• Options
    rmckuinrmckuin Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, you confused me a little--you will have to change the shot bar to "throw" only 1 oz. of shot. The cardboard insert will compensate for unnecessary space in a wad designed for 1 1/8" oz of shot.

Might be easier to just change wads--??

Maybe others can help more.
  • Options
    Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that I know I'll have to change the bar, but I've got about 15K AAwhite wads.
  • Options
    Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I"ve read posts where some people will throw in a black bean or two to take up space.Dried bagged black beans I'm assuming.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The data I can find on the Winchester AA wads shows a White WWAA12 wad holding 1oz to 1-5/8 oz. This may not be the same as what you have but have you tried loading 1oz in one?
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    even better throw 7/8oz and a coffee bean in with that AA wad and your good to go. lots of guys use beans, puffed rice, cheerios just something to take up the exstra room so that the crimp oesnt cave in.

I've lucked out as of late the range here has 30 yrs worth of lead laying out in the feild that they said i could pick up as much as i want. After about an hr i had 68lbs of shoot cleaned and tumbled in graphite.

There must be something else we can shoot that doesn't cost 30 bucks a pound i just don't know what it is yet.

I've thought about rock salt but think it would crush during the crimping proccess also unpopped pop corn but don't know what that will leed to. probably a buldged barrel [:D]
  • Options
    OhioFarmBoyOhioFarmBoy Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When loading AA's you probably won't need the card. We are currently loading 17.5 G Clays, 1 oz #8's with a WAA12 wad and getting good crimps. This is with the older style AA hulls.

Bob