In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

whats your favorite round? accurate or not??

I like to shoot my Remington model 760. .270 cal(115gr)HPBT match
i get 1in patterns.

Comments

• B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rifles .308 - HG 45acp
  • bk_punisherbk_punisher Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    my Handgun would be 44 mag.
  • konamtbikerkonamtbiker Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My favorite chamber is my 25-06. For coyotes i load a 85 gr Nosler BT and for deer i load a 115 gr Nosler BT. That caliber always seems to shoot well for me. No recoil, fun, GREAT case life, and cheap.

My handgun would be a Springfield Armory Champion 45 ACP. Loaded with a 230 Horn XTP with 5.7 of Unique behind it. Now thats what i call fun. I show off with that gun.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .308, .22-250, and .270 would be 3 of my favorites, but if I had to pick just one it would probably be the .270.

Jon
  • mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    It used to be a 280 AI, but now it's a 7mmsaumai in a rifle, pistol is my 454 Freedom Arms Casull...
  • mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love to toss 400gr lead slugs with my 45-70. Standing - at gongs- a long way off.
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    204 Ruger, Factory ammo 32gr vmax 5 shoot groups avg, .7 highest and .4 lowest.

My Encore loves this stuff, My wallet not so much[V]
    I have 400 pieces of brass now. going to start to reload for it.
  • Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    My absolute favorite for rifle and handgun would be the .22 LR, it is very accurate and very affordable to shoot. Yes, I do love wildcats and doing load development but I cannot say that I love the .22 PPC more than the .30 BR, they both have their place. But I own and shoot more .22 LR's than any other cartridge.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bk_punisher
    I like to shoot my Remington model 760. .270 cal(115gr)HPBT match
    i get 1in patterns.

Hi; WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

First, a shotgun shoots patterns [:)], a rifle or pistol shoots groups [:D]. We all hope they are good groups [:p]

I like all calibers but seem partial to 6MMBR, 30-06, .338 Win Mag. .22LR, .357 mag and .45ACP.
  • 220ackley220ackley Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 220 Swift Ackley IMP. then if I'm hunting Big game, I LOVE the 300 RUM.For Elk 6mm Remington For Muledeer&Pronghorn
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .308 with .223 close behind.
  • ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    300 Weatherby,223,204,25/06 But love every rifle I have ever seen
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .257 Roberts...and it can be very accurate, and very hard hitting!
  • Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mines 7.62x39 in my sks
  • kraschenbirnkraschenbirn Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rifle: 45-70 w/blackpowder loads

Handgun: .44 Spl.

Bill
  • bgjohnbgjohn Member Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • joesjoes Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    22-250 all day long-it loves almost any powder I try.
  • akfanatikakfanatik Member Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i think im gonna go with 12 ga low brass, outta my good old 870
  • dan55362dan55362 Member Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hands down 350 Rem Mag
  • Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by akfanatik
    i think im gonna go with 12 ga low brass, outta my good old 870

You can tell this kids a sissy
  • akfanatikakfanatik Member Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    actually my fav would have to be my 4 1/2 pound 700 Nitro Express, kicks a tad but nothin i cant handle
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello my vote is the 45ACP if not for this cartridge I would not have made 32 trips to Camp Perry for the national pistol matches would not have met some of the best shooters and finest people in the world or spent over 1/2 a year of my life in a WW II prisoner of war HUT nor Placed in 10 Presidents 100's or been Captain of 3 Civilian winning ball teams "PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN" and the 45ACP
  • dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    30-30 Rifle and 357 Revolver

Tim
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Both my responses have a Backstory, so I hope you will bear with me:

Rifle, it would have to be 32 Winchester Special - here's why: When I asked him for his Daughter's Hand in Marriage, my (soon to be) Father-in-Law, said, with a twinkle in his eye "Wait here". He went back in the house, and after a time, came out with a double armload of weapons! He handed them each over to me with a little tale of how he got it, and his and its history together. Among the weapons, there was this hard-used Winchester Lever action, Octagonal Barrelled rifle, a model 94, in 32 Win SPL...it had, he explained, been his father's and his favorite gun. On the stock, it had impressions of case mouths - so many it looked like fishscales partly covering one side, and nearly completely on the other! I asked what that was, and he said: The marks on this side were done by my Dad, for every Deer, Wolf, Coyote or Bear he took, and these on this side were for the ones I took. It has a stained butt, and the buttplate is rusted I noted. He said that was from a flood, back in Missouri - that is how high it got in his Father's house, a Long, Long Time ago. It is a sweet shooting gun, and I will be honored and sad to pass it on, when a boy comes and asks for my Daughter's hand... I take it out and shoot it at least twice a year, clean it, oil it, and put it away. It has the best history of any Rifle I own. I have had it for over 25 years now, and my time with it is growing short. The Daughter is in the USAF, and is 21, and "To Everything, There is a Season"...

The story for the pistol is fun, too: While I was growing up, we lived in the city, on the East Coast, and My Father chose to prevent me from learning about guns in any way. Even though he had been an avid huntsman in his youth, coming from the Appalachians in the Great Depression, and moving into the West to be a powder monkey for Anaconda Mines in Wyoming/Colorado, he didn't feel safe having a gun in amongst all the people of the city, and he was working long hours - he didn't think we should have one around.

But upon the occasion of my Graduation from the United States Merchant Marine Academy/Commission into the U.S. Navy, he gave me a very special gift: He presented me with an Officer's sidearm: (He had been enlisted in the USAF) - A Colt Combat Commander Hardslide, Engraved. He had had it worked over by a famous (among Navy SEALS) Gunsmith/Inventor/Armorer, Art Langeth. Art worked the trigger sear so that it "breaks like glass", gave it a "ramp job" and jewelled the outside of the chamber to be pretty. The .45 was presented in a hand-tooled leather case, made by my Mother and by my two Brothers, with the Colt Logo on one side and the Symbol of my Engineering Class and Graduating Year on the other, laced by my brothers, and padded with Lamb's wool inside. Best gift from my entire Family, EVER, and I shoot it a few times a year, and remember. I don't know if I want to be buried with it, or give it to my Daughter...
  • wtroperwtroper Member Posts: 736 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    41 mag. Use FA revolvers in that caliber for hunting. Very very accurate.

However, cannot compete with Handloaders story. Wonderful stories.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Dunno.

I haven't shot 'em all yet.
  • SkeedaddySkeedaddy Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shooting: 30-30, Reloading: 30-06, Shooting and Reloading: 45 ACP!
  • geterdon69geterdon69 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    my pick 22-250 at 100 yrd stacks bullets alost same hole.
    Hand gun 7mm-08 encore 15inch barrel with a good rest 1.5 inch @100 yrds
  • jcook01jcook01 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    308 rifle
    500mag loaded hot and heavy handgun
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Handloader you're making me cry
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    44mag---heavy on the BlueDot
  • GUNFUNCOGUNFUNCO Member Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like cartridges based on the 308 case-308, 7mm-08, 260 rem, 243 win, 22-250.
  • ARSPORTSHOOTERARSPORTSHOOTER Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    308 AS IN MY SNIPER RIFLE---45 AS IN MY WILSON LONG SLIDE CUSTOM!!!
  • GUNFUNCOGUNFUNCO Member Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Handload-

I like to ask for your daughters hand in Marriage![:D]

Now, put up or shut up.[;)]
  • fanwhelenfanwhelen Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In this order:
    35 Whelen - Remington 700 Classic (250 grains @ 2500 fps gets it done!)
    6.5 X 55 - Sporterized Swedish Mauser - Still 1/2 moa @ 108 years old
    280 Remington - Model 700
    308 Win - Remington Model 700
  • gibblerelkgibblerelk Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    LIVING HERE IN THE EAST AND HUNTING WHITETAIL DEER ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY, I WOULD LIKE TO EMPHASIZE THAT THE 257 WEATHERBY CARTRIDGE IS AN AWESOME CALIBER. ONE SHOT KILLS ARE THE NORM. IF I LIVED IN THE WESTERN STATES AND HAD THE OPPORTUNITY FOR LARGER MULE DEER AND ELK, THE CARTRIDGE WOULD BE THE SAME. HAVING A NICELY TUNED-UP 257 WEATHERBY IS PLENTY OF CARTRIDGE.
  • bk_punisherbk_punisher Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by fanwhelen
    In this order:
    35 Whelen - Remington 700 Classic (250 grains @ 2500 fps gets it done!)
    6.5 X 55 - Sporterized Swedish Mauser - Still 1/2 moa @ 108 years old
    280 Remington - Model 700
    308 Win - Remington Model 700

Man you must love model 700!
  • fanwhelenfanwhelen Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey BK,

I've owned model 70's, model 77's, model 116's, Thompson Center Encore's, Mark X Mausers, and 700's. I've just had the best luck with 700s. So I guess I love them because they perform.

They are not the prettiest nor do they have all the features I like (my eyes love model 77's the best) but they shoot.
  • rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    338 win mag- One of the most versatile cartridges ever made

7mm bench rest- Fun & accurate
  • anna3650anna3650 Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    357 sig remington green
    the 2039 loves this stuff 4 inches at 50 ft[:p]